- Higher Diploma in Education WITS
- B Com (Hons) UNISA
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration GIBS
- Certified Cost Consultant AACE
- MEd UJ (in progress)
- Chancellor’s medal for best dissertation in Education, 2016, from the University of Johannesburg.
- Monash Australia Purple letter; 2016, semester 2.
- Winner, Best Newcomer at MSA, 2012.
My focal interest lies in reducing the negative stigma surrounding learning mathematics so that students feel enthusiastic about the subject and its applications, as well as their ability to achieve success in the subject.
Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- Baumgartner, W. L., Spangenberg, E. D., & Jacobs, G. J. (2017). Contrasting motivation and learning strategies of ex-mathematics and ex-mathematical literacy students. South African Journal of Higher Education, 32(2), 8-26.
National Conference Presentations
- Baumgartner, W. L., Spangenberg, E. D., & Jacobs, G. J. (2014). Motivation strategies of ex-Mathematical Literacy learners in a university foundation programme, ISTE Conference Paper, Pretoria: UNISA. Available from: http://hdl.handle.net/10500/22924
Books and Chapters in Books
- Baumgartner, W. L. (2011). Playing Mathematics for Grade 8 and 9. Self-published.
Other Professional Activities
- Member of AACEI
- SACE registered