- Semester 1: AZA3462 (Psychological Assessment) and AZA4480 (Psychological Testing and Assessment
- Semester 2: AZA2015 (Biological and Cognitive Psychology) and AZA3135 (Abnormal Behaviour)
- Completed the following degrees: Bachelor of Social Science degree with Psychology major in 2012,
- Honours in Social Science (Psychology) in 2013,
- MPhil (Psychology) in 2017.
- Currently completing PhD (Psychology) in the field of functional neurological disorders at WITS.
- Recipient of the Newcomer of the Year award in 2015.
Research focus is in neuropsychology specifically Parkinson’s Disease, Epilepsy, and Functional Neurological Disorders. I am interested in different psychological disorders and their effects on different cognitive and executive functions. Interests lie in quantitative research methodology.
Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- Anderson, D., Damianova, M., Hanekom, S., & Lucas, M. (2017). A comparative retrospective exploration of the profiles of patients in South Africa diagnosed with epileptic and psychogenic non-epileptic seizures. Epilepsy & Behavior, 37-43(69).
- Hanekom, S., & Damianova, M. (2014 ). The empathy-forgiveness relationship and the moderating variable of gender. African Journal for Physical Health, Education, Recreationg and Dance (AJPHERD), 141-154.
MPhil entitled: Clinical, Psychological and Neuropsychological Profiling Indicators of Patients Diagnosed with Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures
National Conference Presentations
- Anderson, D., Damianova, M., & Hanekom, S. (March 2015 ). A comparative description of the profiles of patients diagnosed with epileptic and non-epileptic seizures. Poster presented at the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) conference.
- Anderson, D., Damianova, M., Lucas, M., & Hanekom, S. (August 2014). Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures: Conceptions and misconceptions. Presented at the South African Clinical Neuropsychology Association (SACNA) conference.
Other Professional Activities
- Currently completing an MPhil at Monash South Africa in the area of profiling the clinical, psychological and neuropsychological indicators of psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES).
- I am the committee co-ordinator of the FDN: the Functional Disorders Network, which is a multidisciplinary network that conceptualises the neurological, psychological, neuropsychological and psychiatric factors implicated in functional disorders, particularly psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, and other conversion-type dysfunctions and symptoms.