- B Compt (Unisa)
- B Compt Hons (Unisa)
- CA (SA)
2018 Teaching Commitments
Programme leader for the Post graduate diploma in Finance and Accounting (PGDFA) and CIMA. Teaching Cost and Management Accounting A and B.
Professional bodies associations
Member of SAICA and SAAA
I am actively involved in the building of the relationship between Monash South Africa and CIMA. I pursued my M.Com (cum laude) in Financial Management from the University of Pretoria and is a chartered accountant. I have an interest in blended learning, both doing research in the field and using it to enhance the teaching experience.
- Odendaal, M.M., Vermaak, F.N.S., Du Toit, E. 2015. The estimation and management of cost over the life cycle of metallurgical research projects. Southern African Business review. (19): 137 – 156.
National Conference Presentations
- The estimation and management of cost over the life cycle of metallurgical research projects. SAAA. 23/09/2010.
- The activity based costing paradox: is time- driven ABC the solution? SAAA. 07/09/2012.
- Odendaal, K & Odendaal, M: Financial information relating to acid drainage: A literature review of available resources. 3rd EMAN-Africa Conference Limpopo. 25/06/2014
- Odendaal, K & Odendaal, M: Reporting regulations relating to acid mine drainage: a literature review and case study. 23rd Exxaro water COP water Management Conference.
- Odendaal, M & Vermeulen M: The use of free technology to enhance teaching. SAAA. 02/12/2016.