Senior Lecturer/Lecturer – IIE MSA Ruimsig – ENG/SL/L/10/2019
Applications accepted until: 30 November 2019
Campus/Business Unit: IIE MSA Ruimsig
About IIE MSA
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to a diverse of cultures of students from 50 African countries.’
The Engineering Cluster is seeking outstanding appointees to strengthen the teaching and research capabilities in the Cluster. Engineering qualifications in the disciplines of Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering are required.
The role of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer is the delivery of teaching and learning to students; student consultations; the establishment of a knowledge base of the discipline through academic research & development; whilst providing overall support to the Academic Cluster.
Key Performance Areas:
- Preparation, development and conducting of lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars;
- Curriculum design and development;
- Initiation and development of module materials, including on-line and web-based materials;
- Marking and grading of student assessments;
- Study guidance, learning support and consultation with students;
- Module coordination and quality assurance;
- Mentoring and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Conducting research that results in peer-reviewed publications and quality journals or books;
- Involvement in professional activities and community engagement;
- Involvement with relevant professional and/or academic bodies;
- A range of administrative functions connected to the discipline and modules being taught;
- Involvement in relevant committees, workshops, task groups and other activities;
- Assistance with programme leadership; and
- Other duties as required.
- Senior Lecturer level appointment: minimum PhD in the relevant discipline.
- Lecturer level appointment: minimum Master’s degree in the relevant discipline.
- Senior Lecturer level appointment: minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Lecturer level appointment: minimum 3 years’ experience.
Other Job Requirements
- Demonstrated capacity to lecture, conduct tutorials and seminars at university level in an effective manner in the core courses stipulated;
- Demonstrated capacity to design, set and evaluate assessments at the appropriate level for the courses stipulated;
- Expertise in E-learning programs such as Moodle and Blackboard;
- Competencies in curriculum design and development;
- Knowledge of curriculum areas being taught;
- A record of research and publication in scholarly journals;
- Ability to mentor and supervise academic activities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate modules, and conduct relevant module administration activities;
- Capacity to engage in inter-campus and inter-institutional team academic and community activities;
- High level of communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes; and
- Proven high-level administrative abilities.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer will be highly advantageous.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to quote the reference number. Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to, Mr. Grant Phakade at (011) 950 4040, email: email@example.com
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.