Customer Relations Officer- IIE MSA Ruimsig – CRO/01/2020
Applications accepted until: 2020-01-27
Number of Openings:1
Campus/Business Unit: IIE MSA Ruimsig
Direct Reporting Line: Head: Academic Operations
About IIE MSA
IIE MSA, formerly Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare site in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to a diverse of cultures of students from 50 African countries.
Under the supervision of the Vice Principal – Operations the Customer Relations Centre is responsible for managing student queries relating to all aspects of their student experience. They are the front office, student facing team which handles face to face counselling, directs academic counselling as required, programme and policy information, queries arising from The Student Hub and remains the liaison between the student and back office operations (the Assessment and Results Centre and Capacity Planning & Scheduling Centre’s) in resolving the student query.
Key Performance Areas:
ACADEMIC COUNSELLING – RULES FOR PROGRESSION
- This process refers to the face to face consultation and administrative intervention required by students in which a change is required to their current registration contract. This could be for students who wish to change within a semester, between semesters or between years of study.
- Should an alternate curriculum scenario that is more favourable to the student present itself to the customer relationship centre, they must inform the student as long as it is in keeping with the rules governing the curriculum.
PROGRAMME INFORMATION SESSIONS AND CLASS VISITS
- Delivery of the academic orientation programme for new and returning students. This includes programme information presentations, academic policies, outlines of the year etc.
- Manage the dissemination of policies (new and updates).
- Attend informal meet-and-greet sessions with students and lecturers.
- Programme information sessions refer to class sessions in which the customer relations officers address students in class with a view to explaining and inducting students with the relevant policies and procedures that govern their life on campus. There are also follow up sessions on email broadcasts, that occur throughout the year that drip feed policy and procedure related information to the students as is deemed necessary by the academic operations team.
- Periodical class visits are conducted to canvas concerns and share relevant information. A heavier reliance on self-service platforms in which students can acquire information that is pertinent to their situation at any given moment is a better mechanism for managing student behaviour in respect of their consumption of services. This can be enabled through the online chat.
- Support students on assignment submission regarding the correct anti-plagiarism tool applicable to their programme.
- Assisting students with Student HUB, Turnitin, Safe Assign and Student Portal and Moodle queries.
STUDENT QUERY RESOLUTION
- Resolve stakeholder queries within a committed time frame (student and parents).
- Respond timeously to student queries around financial and lecturer queries (telephonically/ email/ verbally) and escalates to internal back office Centre’s when necessary.
- Letters of conduct are pulled off of the system on request.
- Assist with Student Hub queries that are unresolved or may require further attention.
- Assist with the roll out of all relevant customer related surveys.
INTERNAL QUERY RESOLUTION
- Liaison with the Admissions office with queries associated with Admission and Graduation.
- Liaison with Finance – use the customer relations center as a conduit for information to and from the student.
- Responsible for ensuring all students notes are captured in the system for academic management.
- Capture conversations had with students on Student Notes/System
- Supporting new members of staff with training where required.
- Regular focus group sessions. Discussions around the challenges and improvements on existing processes.
- Survey analysis consolidation and presentation to the VPO.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward our students.
- Maintain a good knowledge of products and policies to advise students accordingly.
- 3-year Diploma / Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 7)
Interested MSA staff members are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to email@example.com
Please remember to quote the reference number. Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to, Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.