Academic Operations Coordinators – IIE MSA Ruimsig – AOCO/01/2020
Applications accepted until: 2020-01-27
Number of Openings: 2
Campus/Business Unit: IIE MSA Ruimsig
Direct Reporting Line: Head: Academic Operations
About IIE MSA
IIE MSA, formerly Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare site in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to a diverse of cultures of students from 50 African countries.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Vice Principal – Operations, the Academic Operations Coordinators is responsible for managing administrative related queries for modules assigned to their School. They are back office staff which handles the complete HR process relating to contracting of Independent Contractor (Sessional) staff from sourcing to payment of claims. They assist in academic related administrative support and communicate with all stakeholders across departments.
Key Performance Areas:
Management of Academic Queries of Academic Schools
- Preparing programme start packs for programme starts at the start of a semester
- Responsible for the set-up of student groups and deadlines on Safeassign and Turnitin as per the Programme Assessment Schedules (PAS)
- Co-ordination of academic material for lecturers, including the planning and ordering of lecturer copies in respect of orders through the national office.
- Maintain a strong communication channel that supports all operational requirements. Liaise with academic team regarding post assessment queries.
- Managing the corporate offer space, ensuring that enough material has been ordered for students and lecturer and to distribute it on the day.
Management of sessional staff of Academic Schools
- Management of any liaison with the academic team regarding any lecturer concerns which may arise from student consultations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the campus Lecturing team within the relevant School/s.
- Setting up of interviews.
- Responsible for completing the screening documentation requirements for all shortlisted candidates (i.e. references & academic approvals).
- Ensure that lecturers are approved by CAT and that all payroll requirements are met in collaboration with campus HR prior to receiving their Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA) and/or Annexures.
- Ensure that all new Lecturers are invited to attend the semester Induction and Orientation sessions as part of their onboarding process.
- Manage the processing of Lecturer Timesheets in APS as part of the campus IC Timesheet Project team. Collaborate with the campus Timetabling Centre to fulfil this function and ensure that the relevant approvers process their approvals and checks timeously in APS on a monthly basis in accordance with the payroll deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring all lecturer requirements are met regarding the operational delivery of programmes. This is done in in conjunction with the various centres.
- Working closely with the VPA and Academic Operations Leaders in ensuring lecturer’s allocations are completed timeously so the timetabling process may begin in accordance with timelines that support the timetabling project in line with programme start dates
- 1st line approver for all lecturer and invigilator claims/timesheets.
Academic Administrative support to Academic Schools
- Manage the academic operational delivery of programmes. This may include programme specific events e.g. Moot court, Info evenings
- Specifically focus on the teach out arrangements of programmes and manage processes accordingly
Management of MU administration
- Responsible for the coordination of the academic administrative activities regarding the Monash University (MU) programmes.
- Responsible for tracking the academic progress of MU students and ensure data in the MU academic system is complete at key times of the year to enable MU to pull reports
- Responsible for doing the 1st assessment of special considerations and supplementary exams according to MU policy are prepare recommendations to the Board of Examiners
- Adhoc allocation of venues to various events throughout the year, this will include any corporate offers on campus.
- Any opportunity for building infrastructure are also accounted for by the timetabling centre
- Liaising with the facilities team to report any problems with regards to the venue or to arrange for special requests regarding facilities. Classroom checks need to be completed.
- The exam centre team would need to ensure planning of Computer Room venue software, IT assessments, projectors and IT equipment issues in classrooms for F2F Support Sessions as per the National Support Schedule – liaison with the IT department in respect of venue set up where applicable
- 3-year Diploma / Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 7)
Interested MSA staff members are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to email@example.com
Please remember to quote the reference number. Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to, Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.