IIE MSA has a position as a Career Centre Coordinator
Applications accepted until: 2020 -12-15
Number of Openings: 1
Campus/Business Unit:IIE MSA – Ruimsig
Direct Reporting Line: Head: Student Services
About IIE MSA
‘IIE MSA, formerly Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare site in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to a diverse of cultures of students from 50 African countries.’
To co-ordinate the activities of the campus career centre by creating career awareness, providing support in relation to career preparation and offering job opportunities for both students and alumni.
Key Performance Areas:
Career Centre Marketing:
- Set up, manage and integrate a career centre website/portal for use by students and Alumni
- Uploads job opportunities into the website
- Sources blogs for the website for career purposes
- Maintains contact with website members
- Hosts career evenings / afternoon for final year students and alumni
- Hosts part-time work expo for current students
- Hosts a career fair for final year students and alumni
- Hosts the career centre client appreciation breakfast for clients
- Attending networking event
- Establishes and maintains relations with all clients and Identifies businesses to partner with.
- Ensures and enables clear and open communication between the clients and the Career Centre
- Ensures compliance to the corporate identity at all times
- Attends and participates in networking forums resulting in the increased awareness of quality graduates
- Markets the brand and demonstrates the value of recruiting from the career centre.
- Receives requests from students or graduates from clients.
- Sends a job specification to clients to complete.
- Advertises the job on the campus in relation to the relevant target market
- Uses different mediums to advertise jobs.
- Receives and screens student’s CVs.
- Obtains letters of recommendation from campus staffs on suitable student candidates.
- Conducts one on one interviews with the potential students and sends recommended CVs to clients.
- Preparation of Students for Work Readiness.
- Conduct a consultation to ascertain student’s strengths and weaknesses and creating self-awareness
- Guides and advises on CV preparation and interview techniques
- Provides general career support .
- Designs and presents a range of interactive workshops in relation to work readiness.
- Hosts work readiness workshops by inviting industry leaders to address students.
- Supports and collaborates with academic staff and clusters regarding events and workshops for ex. Law Careers Fair.
- Extends similar support to alumni allowing them to take advantage of professional networks.
- Offers alumni the opportunity to reconnect with fellow students through networking functions and alumni reunions.
- Creates a platform for Alumni to give back to the brand by inviting Alumni to careers fares to showcase their career and presenting talks by Alumni.
- Remains in contact with existing Alumni and assist with building a database of new Alumni.
- Relevant 3 year Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to email@example.com
Please remember to quote the reference number. Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to, Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.