Senior Lecturer in Management Accounting & Finance – SOFA/MAF/2/2020
Applications accepted until: 28 February 2020
School/Department: School of Finance and Accounting
Campus/Business Unit: IIE MSA Ruimsig
Direct Reporting Line: Head of School of Finance and Accounting
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng.
IIE MSA is seeking an outstanding appointee in the field of Management Accounting and Finance to strengthen the teaching and research capabilities in our Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting programme under the School of Finance and Accounting.
The role of Senior Lecturer includes but is not limited to, the delivery of teaching and learning to students, student consultations and the establishment of a knowledge base of the discipline through academic research & development whilst providing overall support to the School.
Key Performance Areas
- Preparation, development and conducting of lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars;
- Curriculum design and development;
- Initiation and development of module materials, including on-line and web-based materials;
- Marking and grading of student assessments;
- Study guidance, learning support and consultation with students;
- Module coordination and quality assurance;
- Mentoring and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Conducting research that results in peer-reviewed publications and quality journals or books;
- Involvement in professional activities and community engagement;
- Involvement with relevant professional and/or academic bodies;
- A range of administrative functions connected to the discipline and modules being taught;
- Involvement in relevant committees, workshops, task groups and other activities;
- Assistance with programme leadership; and
- Other duties commensurate to the position as required.
- Chartered accountant (SA) with minimum a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline; and
- A PhD/Doctorate degree in the relevant discipline would be advantageous.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar higher education role at a SAICA-accredited tertiary institution (previous lecturing experience at the highest academic level, e.g. postgraduate or similar, is important)
Other Job Requirements
- Registration with SAICA;
- Demonstrated capability to lecture, conduct tutorials and seminars at tertiary level in an effective manner in the core courses stipulated at the highest academic level;
- Expertise in e-learning programs such as Blackboard and Moodle;
- Competencies in curriculum design and development at the highest academic level;
- Up-to-date knowledge of curriculum areas being taught at the highest academic level;
- Demonstrated capacity to design, set and evaluate assessments at the appropriate level for the courses stipulated;
- A record of research and publication in scholarly journals;
- Ability to mentor and supervise academic activities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate modules, and conduct relevant module administration activities;
- Capacity to engage in inter-campus and inter-institutional team academic and/or community activities;
- High level of communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes; and
- Proven high-level administrative abilities.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to quote the reference number. Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to, Mr. Grant Phakade at (011) 950 4040, email: email@example.com
Kindly rename all attachments with your name, i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.