IIE MSA has Independent Contractors (Invigilators) positions
Applications accepted until: 27 October 2020
Number of Openings: 20
Campus/Business Unit: IIE MSA – Ruimsig
Direct Reporting Line: Head: Academic Operations
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA is located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to diverse cultures of students from different African countries.
Invigilators have the key role of upholding the integrity of the assessment process in accordance with the IIE Assessment Policy and Strategy.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assisting with setting up examination venues and providing assistance to students with regards to seating plans.
- Ensuring assessment security before, during and after assessments.
- Work closely with Assessment Officers in handling all student queries during examinations and irregularities in accordance with the IIE Assessment Policy and Strategy.
- Receiving, distributing, collecting and collating all exam papers and scripts before during and after assessment in accordance with the IIE Assessment Strategy and Policy.
- Adhering to venue preparation, venue management and Assessment rules in accordance with IIE Assessment Strategy and Policy.
Minimum Education Experience:
- 1-year administration or related experience.
- Higher certificate equivalent.
- Must be computer Literate (MS-Office, Teams etc).
- Data capturing accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Best suited to a systematic person with an eye for detail.
- Please note that this is an independent Contractor/Casual employment(Part-Time, candidates only required to work when there are assessments).
- Must be registered for PAYE, and have an associated income tax number.
- Training will be provided.
- Non AA/EE.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to quote the reference number. Enquiries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to, Ms. Upasna Maharaj at (011) 950 4126.
Kindly rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.