IIE MSA has Independent Contractor Lecturer positions in the School of Engineering, ICT, Science and Health under the Information Communications Technology Programme
Applications accepted until: 12 July 2020
Campus/Business Unit: IIE MSA – Ruimsig
Direct Reporting Line: Programme Manager, ICT
Period: 1 August 2020 to 15 December 2020
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng.
IIE MSA is seeking outstanding Independent Contractor Lecturers to strengthen the teaching and learning capacity in the following ICT modules:
- FZA2093 – Introduction to Cyber Security
- FZA2009 – Data structures and Algorithms
- FZA2089 – Mobile Networks
- FZA3031 – Information and Network Security
- FZA3158 – Business Decision Modelling
- NINF8412 – Network Infrastructure
- NWEG5112 – Network Engineering 1B
- PRSE6212 – Principles of Security
- EMTE8412 – Emerging Technologies
Key Performance Areas:
- Preparation, development of assessments, and conducting of lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars;
- Providing study guidance, learning support, consultation and mentoring of students;
- Initiation and development of module materials, including on-line and web-based materials;
- Marking and grading of student assessments;
- Module coordination and quality assurance;
- A range of administrative functions connected with the discipline and modules being taught;
- Involvement in relevant committees, workshops, task groups and other activities;
- Other duties commensurate to the position as required.
- At least a Master’s degree in the specified discipline/s.
- At least 3 years’ lecturing experience in a similar higher education role at a tertiary institution.
Other Job Requirements
- Demonstrated capability to lecture, conduct tutorials and seminars at tertiary level in an effective manner in the core courses stipulated at the highest academic level;
- Expertise in e-learning programs such as Blackboard or Moodle;
- Up-to-date knowledge of curriculum areas being taught at the highest academic level;
- Demonstrated capacity to design, set and evaluate assessments at the appropriate level for the courses stipulated;
- High level of communication skills in verbal, written and electronic modes; and
- Proven high-level administrative abilities.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter, clearly stating which module(s) they are interested in lecturing from the above list, together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria with details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Please include the reference number and your discipline area/s in the e-mail subject and rename all attachments with your name. i.e. Joe Soap cover letter, Joe Soap CV, etc.