IIE MSA is committed to providing learning opportunities for students experiencing some form of disadvantage (financial hardship) as well as academically achieving, by offering bursaries each year.
Total value of the award:
A total of 100% of your annual tuition and residence 4 fees. The award does not cover textbooks, stationery, living expenses or any traveling costs. Payments are in the form of an automated credit note to your tuition fee account after the release of your module results. No cash is transferred to the students’ personal bank account.
- Based on extreme financial hardship and other equity factors
- Current IIE MSA students with an overall programme General Point Average (GPA) of 2 and a WAM of 60% and above
- Commencing students with an Achievement Level of 21 and above. Please note that the awarding of bursaries is a competitive process with fellow applicants.
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enroll as a full-time student at IIE MSA in a Higher Certificate, the Foundation Programme or an undergraduate programme of study leading to a higher education award.
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award;
- Be studying Year 12 (NSC) or equivalent (South African citizens) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
- Be a current IIE MSA student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at IIE MSA.
- Be able to demonstrate that the additional costs of textbooks, stationery, printing costs, living expenses and travelling costs can be covered at the student’s own cost.
Take note, although you might meet the eligibility criteria your application will be part of an in- depth selection process before final bursary awards are issued. Many bursary applications are received each semester. As a result, applicants compete with peers for the limited available number of bursaries.
- Successful candidates receiving a bursary are not eligible for other discounts in addition to this financial award.
- Complete the Application for IIE MSA Bursary form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- Submit your application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two
Withdrawing from your programme
If you withdraw from your programme you may have to repay the financial award.